Music Together is an internationally recognized early childhood music program for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, first and second graders, and the adults who love them. First offered to the public in 1987, it pioneered the concept of a research-based, developmentally appropriate early childhood music curriculum that strongly emphasizes and facilitates adult involvement.
Music Together classes are based on the recognition that all children are musical. All children can learn to sing in tune, keep a beat, and participate with confidence in the music of our culture, provided that their early environment supports such learning. By emphasizing actual music experiences rather than concepts about music, Music Together introduces children to the pleasures of making music instead of passively receiving it from CDs or TV.
Central to the Music Together approach is that young children learn best from the powerful role model of parents/caregivers who are actively making music. The program brings families together by providing a rich musical environment in the classroom and by facilitating family participation in spontaneous musical activity at home within the context of daily life.
Music Together is committed to helping families, caregivers, and early childhood professionals rediscover the pleasure and educational value of informal music experiences. All our teachers have successfully completed Music Together’s training program. Music Together applies the latest research in early childhood music development to the program. A curriculum pioneer since 1987.
Music Together was founded with the goal of providing the highest quality music and movement experiences to as many young children as possible, involving their parents, primary caregivers and early childhood professionals in the educational process. Music Together is therefore dedicated to the thorough and professional support of Music Together licensees and teachers and their work with children and families. This support includes training, business mentoring, networking services, national and regional promotion, customer referrals, business technology, ongoing research and development, the production of audio, video and print materials, and the distribution of musical instruments and related products.
Music and Movements for families
- babies/toddlers/preschoolers/children with special needs
- parent-child classes with parent education
- music learned through playful activities in mixed-age classes
- developmentally appropriate and research-based
- classes for 5-, 6-, and 7-year-olds
Music for preschools & childcare centers
- staff involvement, regardless of musical ability
- parent involvement
Welcoming Experience for Children and Families
with Special Needs
- invites each child and adult to participate in class at their own
- seeks to include all members of the family in the joy of family music
- a flexible tool for clinicians and therapists
Family- & Classroom-Tested Materials
- CDs and songbooks - a new collection each semester
- instrument play materials
- parent/caregiver education
Teacher Training and Support
- music educators/preschool teachers/childcare providers/parents
- independent licensed centers and non-licensed applications
- training offered worldwide
The Joy of Family Music® since 1987